Please review the following information for transfer student admissions.
To begin the process, start your application here.
- Applicants who plan to earn a degree or certificate at Edison State College must provide official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities. Official transcripts must be sent to Edison State College, Office of the Registrar within the first semester of enrolling. These documents must be sent directly from the educational institution to Edison. Hand-delivered or faxed transcripts are not considered official.
- Edison State College accepts credits earned at colleges and universities accredited by one of the six regional accrediting associations. Edison does not routinely accept transfer credit from non-regionally accredited colleges or universities. Edison may accept, on an individual basis, credit earned at non-regionally accredited colleges and universities if the credit represents collegiate-level course work relevant to the student's program of study, with course content and level of instruction resulting in competencies at least equivalent to those of students enrolled in comparable instruction at Edison. Awarding of transfer credit is based on Edison course equivalencies. Applicants seeking to transfer credit to Edison from another college or university may be asked to forward to the Office of the Registrar copies of course syllabi and course descriptions. Course syllabi are compared with those at Edison and govern the transferability of coursework.
- The Transcript Evaluation Department would like to provide you with the following tools and information concerning the evaluation of all transcripts being sent to us by students transferring here from other colleges. The federal government requires that a transcript from EACH school you have attended be sent to your transfer school of choice (Edison State College). Coursework must come directly from that school and will not be accepted when appearing on a transcript from another school. Edison State College accepts transfer coursework from regionally accredited institutions. In addition, Edison may accept credits from institutions that are not regionally accredited in accordance with the State of Florida K-16 Articulation Agreement, which recognizes courses approved in connection with the Florida Department of Education Statewide Course Numbering System. Students may view their coursework on their Edison portal once all transcripts have been evaluated (coursework will not post until all schools have been received and evaluated) Please note: "In Progress" transcripts will NOT be evaluated as they are incomplete, please do not send your transcript until all of your FINAL grades have posted.
- Failure to report previous college level work attempted constitutes a falsification of the admissions application and subjects students to loss of all credits earned and dismissal.
- Applicants eligible to return to the previously attended institutions of origin are admitted to Edison. Final acceptance is made after receipt and evaluation of official transcript(s).
- Applicants who were suspended or dismissed from the previously attended institution(s) may be provisionally admitted to Edison. These applicants must submit a petition requesting admission.
(Please see Please see the College Catalog : Petitions page 29 for more information)
- Applicants admitted to Edison, who were not in good academic standing at the previously attended institutions, are classified in the same or similar manner under Edison's Standards of Academic Progress.
- Credits and grades earned at the previously attended institution(s) transfer in but may not be accepted for a specific program. All grades earned at the previously attended institution(s) transfer in to Edison as part of the student's academic record.
- Applicants may be exempt from placement testing based on an unofficial review of the student's college transcripts. Completion of specific coursework will be assessed for an exemption from all three parts of the placement test. (Please see the College Catalog : Assessment Services page 55 for more information.)
- Applicants who have completed an AA or a baccalaureate degree at another regionally accredited college or university cannot enroll in an AA degree program at Edison.
- Transfer students MUST complete a minimum of 25% of the required degree or certificate course work at Edison to graduate from Edison with that degree or certificate. English for Non-Native Speakers (ESL/ENS, EAP), physical education and college preparatory courses do not apply.
Please contact the Admissions Office for more information or AskEdison!